Friday, July 23, 2010

Day One of a Blessed Sabbatical

Well, here I sit under the awning of my new home for the next 5 weeks. No air conditioning, no indoor plumbing, nor many modern conveniences of the 21 century - but, I'm happy. I feel very blessed. Kevin and I drove into this PA. valley at 11:30 last night; we were tired, but the precarious 14 mile decent, filled with twists and turns and hairpins curves was enough to keep us very much awake and on our toes. Upon arrival at the Methodist Church camp, finding all my relatives asleep, we decided to set up camp in the morning. Sleeping in the van, we felt kind of like Abraham Lincoln in a toddler bed, with our feet hanging out in the open air. But all in all, it was a good night's sleep.

Thanks again for all your prayers, this a.m. with a bit of tweaking by my engineer father, the pop-up popped and now we're settled in and watching our kids float down the Juniata River on inner tubes - I think I'll be joining them....catch ya later. I'm still "meditating" on "blessed are the Peacemakers - those "son's of GOD""

Also, Kevin's going to throw some pictures on here later...so, stay tuned. Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Beth Ann and all the Shoes! I hope you are having fun on your big trip! You must be having a great time, because I don't see many blogs on here! And I don't see any pictures yet! You are in my prayers and thoughts.
    Love, Carol

    ReplyDelete